We’ve read the program description and would like to sign up for Open Arts, how do we go about doing so?
That’s great news! Here are the quick next steps:
- Start by reading the Open Arts program requirements, then fill out this form: ADD A VENUE
- We will review your submission and send the Open Arts agreement to be signed.
- Upon receipt of the signed contract, your venue and student discounts will be listed on our site and you will be able to use our submit an event link to share free tickets and $5 ticket offers throughout the semester.
NOTE: Submissions are due each Wednesday by noon for posting by the following Monday.
What kind of offers can we post to your site as an Open Arts partner?
- FREE TICKETED EVENTS* - Tickets that are normally for sale, but you offer them to OA member students for free.
- $5 TICKET OFFER* - Tickets that are normally for sale, but you offer them to OA member students for $5.
- ALWAYS FREE EVENTS** - Re-occuring event or admission that is always free at your venue.
- STUDENT DISCOUNTS** - Includes student discounts on admission, student rush tickets and student group rates.
*We enter these free ticket offers into our TicketLeap account and make them available for students under the 'Events' section of our site. Non-members will be given a direct link (that you provide) to purchase tickets.
**We will post these offers in 'Year Round Discount' section. We collect discount offers at the time you sign on with us, but if you have new offers please feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event we would like to share is already free; can we post it to the site?
So as not to overwhelm our students, and make offers easy to find and redeem, you can submit one "already free" event listing per month in addition to your free ticketed events and student discount offers.
The event for our free ticket offer doesn’t happen until later in the year, should we wait until closer to the date to post our offer?
The earlier you post your event, all the better for everyone! Many students are using openartsphilly.com to look for events to attend well in advance for class projects and special outings. It also gives you an idea for demand and the opportunity to adjust your offer accordingly. So as soon as you know what events/performances you’d like to offer free tickets to, please let us know.
We have a system for processing tickets through our box office, how will we receive registration confirmation and payment for tickets distributed through the Open Arts program?
We want this to be as easy as possible for you, so this is what will happen when a student redeems a free ticket offer:
- students will redeem offers for free tickets through our TicketLeap account and receive a ticket voucher that they will be encouraged to print and bring with them to your event,
- we will send you an email notice with the names of all registrants (you set the frequency and point person) when filling out the submit an event form,
- students are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes before the event, at which time you can confirm their seat assignment and/or allow them entry to the event
- for events where money is collected, TicketLeap will automatically mail a check to the address you specify on the “submit an event” form. There will be a 3% credit card processing fee on all orders.